Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Well, we made it to the new year!  After a disastrous series of events, I am pleased to say things around the Nelson house are looking up.  Probably the best of all, our older daughter has walked away from a bad five-year relationship.  Ashley is making long-term plans for her life, and we are so proud of her.  It is wonderful to see the girl I remember climbing out of her hidey-hole and tasting life again.  Our younger girl, Bailey is waiting patiently for her boyfriend to get through his medical stuff so he can move out here to be with her.  Hopefully, it will happen in the next few months.   Molly has healed from her bite, and is beginning to enjoy the new puppy.  She only shows a little fear when he is too exuberant.  Even though Paul and I couldn't go to Germany, the tickets are still usable.  We will be planning another trip with my parents soon.  And, in order to get some time away, Paul took me on an overnighter to Mount Rainier.  We had a lovely time with Ron and Tess, and got to play in the snow.

I hope your New Year will be filled happiness!

The first train tonight comes from Creatively Scrappin.  "Memories of the Past" gorgeously blends black, gold, and silver items into a kit you must have for your celebration photos.  Below are a couple of pages I've put together.



Leaving from here...


Hurry on over!

Next, grab your umbrella and hop aboard the January Rain train.  We can all use a few "New Beginnings", and the goodies to be found here will help dress them up.  My trip provided the decorations for the following two pages.



The train leaves from this station...


Before I go, I want to wish the family of Margaret Anderson peace and healing.  I don't know if we ever met her, and I doubt her family will ever see this.  Nevertheless, she shared our love of the natural world and dedicated her life to caring for one of the most beautiful places in the world.  Three day after our visit, she lost her life while trying to protect that place and the people enjoying it.  She left behind two small children, and a husband who is also a park ranger.  May God be with them.


2 comments:

  1. Great pages Lori, glad to hear life is looking up for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla! Have you done any new pages lately?

    ReplyDelete