Finally, I have my new scrapbooking software, and have spent the last several hours playing with it. My previous program was Serif Digital Scrapbook Artist, and with the exception of the many crashes I experienced, I was very happy with it. It was a bit of a pain to manually create some of the kits, but I didn't mind so much.
In purchasing Serif Craft Artist, I hoped to see my favorite tools (possibly improved) and have fewer crashes. Instead, they have removed the best tools, made it impossible to manually add a new kit, and left the crashes in. The old version gave the user the ability to use a multitude of effects on every element. I loved the bevel and emboss tools, the 3-D options, and the outline function. In Craft Artist, these are gone or changed to preset values that you cannot alter. Now, I realize that I haven't been working with it for long and I may eventually find a way to do these things, but why hide these tools. What was wrong with the simple interface from the previous version? I feel like I've wasted about $40. *Sigh*
Here are pages I've made today. All the kits came with the new software, and can probably be found at Daisy Trail. Please, see my previous posts for the link.
Nighty night.





No comments:
Post a Comment